If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summertime comes with fresh and vibrant fruits and vegetables. We have all come to the point where we feel we have exhausted our creativity with the bounty of fresh produce. This rice pudding is perfect for times like that. It's sweet, but not overly so and would pair perfectly with grub straight off the grill or a sandwich packed with crunchy veggies and thinly sliced cold cuts. Top each serving with pistachios, if you can get your hands on them, to add a pop of color! —sweeteats34
- 2 cups Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 12 ounces Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Enriched Long Grain White Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup raw sweet corn kernels, sliced fresh off the cob
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Sliced Almonds, for topping
- Add the almond milk, evaporated milk and rice to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat to a boil, stirring frequently. Once boiling, adjust the burner to a low heat setting and allow to simmer gently for about 30 minutes, or until thickened to a pudding consistency. Frequent stirring will be required.
- When the rice mixture thickens, add the almond extract and sugar. You can add more/less sugar, depending on your preference. Taste the mixture to evaluate flavor and tenderness of the rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid for about 15 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled somewhat, add in the carrots, strawberries, corn and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Mix well.
- Chill before serving. Top with sliced almonds or the nuts of your choice!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Ice cream has some competition
Whey cool desserts.
Recipe of the Day
It's time to travel.
Enter our latest contest!
Put cake on a pedestal.