If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just made it up. I like stuffed bell peppers and corn and thought I could combine the two. - zkbrock
- 6 Red bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground annatto
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut tops from bell peppers and remove cores.
- Parboil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place bell peppers in prepared muffin pan and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add butter and onions and sauté 4-5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Cut corn kernels from cob and scrape cobs. Add corn kernels and scrapings to skillet with green chilies . Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Stir in cilantro, cumin, thyme, annatto, cardamom and cornmeal. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs yolks, heavy cream, sugar and Gruyere cheese.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine half of the corn mixture and half of the egg yolk mixture. Puree until smooth.
- Mix the puree with the remaining egg yolk mixture and remaining corn mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fpld into corn mixture along with green onions.
- Spoon mixture into bell pepper shells.
- Top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and bake for 45 - 50 minutes at 350 degrees F or until soufflés have puffed up and are well browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.