If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe as a combination of a few recipes I have made before. Several years ago I made a Potato Corn Chowder and loved it but I can not find the recipe so I came up with my own variation. My variation combines a Potato Corn Chowder with a Broccolli and Cheese Soup. It is a wonderful comfort food packed with vegetables and it is Delicious! - Gingerrod
- 4 cups Fresh Corn off the Cob
- 2 cups Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Ham, cubed
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Half and Half Cream
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Garnish with additional Cheddar Cheese, shredded and Green Onions, diced
- In a Large Soup Pan, melt Butter. Cook Celery and Onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- In a Blender combine 1 Cup of Corn and Half and Half until Creamed.
- Add remaining 3 Cups of Corn, Potatoes, Ham, Chicken Broth, and Creamed Corn mixture into pan with Celery and Onions. Simmer over Low Hear for 15 minutes.
- Add Brocolli, Cheddar Cheese and Salt & Pepper to taste. Simmer over Low Heat for an additional 5 Minutes.
- Serve Hot, laddle into bowls and garnish with Cheddar Cheese and Green Onions. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob