Author Notes: I came up with this recipe as a combination of a few recipes I have made before. Several years ago I made a Potato Corn Chowder and loved it but I can not find the recipe so I came up with my own variation. My variation combines a Potato Corn Chowder with a Broccolli and Cheese Soup. It is a wonderful comfort food packed with vegetables and it is Delicious! - Gingerrod
- 4 cups Fresh Corn off the Cob
- 2 cups Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Ham, cubed
- 1 cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Half and Half Cream
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Garnish with additional Cheddar Cheese, shredded and Green Onions, diced
- In a Large Soup Pan, melt Butter. Cook Celery and Onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- In a Blender combine 1 Cup of Corn and Half and Half until Creamed.
- Add remaining 3 Cups of Corn, Potatoes, Ham, Chicken Broth, and Creamed Corn mixture into pan with Celery and Onions. Simmer over Low Hear for 15 minutes.
- Add Brocolli, Cheddar Cheese and Salt & Pepper to taste. Simmer over Low Heat for an additional 5 Minutes.
- Serve Hot, laddle into bowls and garnish with Cheddar Cheese and Green Onions. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob