If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired after reading the soup and cream corn F52 entries, I thought, why not a refreshing smoothie. The taste of sweet corn with a blend of tropical fruits makes a perfect breakfast or pick me up any other time of day. Hmmm, I am thinking a little Coconut Rum might add a special touch, although I’ve not tried that, yet! - lapadia
Makes about 5 cups
- Note, I used a full fat yogurt and coconut milk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (3 medium cobs)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3/4 cup honey flavor Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chunks of pineapple
- 1 cup chunks of mango
- 1 small banana
- 3 tablespoons honey - plus more, if needed after testing for sweetness
- 2 cups ice
- Shave off the corn kernels - position the cob on the end of a bowl and run a knife down the sides to get all the kernels and its juice.
- Add the vanilla bean - split lengthwise and with the tip of a knife scrape the seeds from the bean into the bowl. Add grated ginger. Place into a blender.
- Add the honey, coconut milk, pineapple, mango, banana and honey. Blend till smooth. Taste for sweetness and add more honey, if needed.
- Add ice cubes and blend.
- Serve in a chilled glass - optional, grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.