If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those recipes I keep coming back to - its good hot, warm, or room temperature. We always have a full house in the summer and I love that everyone is still thrilled for leftovers the next day. I dump all my favorite summer ingredients in and it never fails! The recipe easily takes to variation and I often serve it with grilled shrimp on the side but its not crucial - with a good crusty bread doused in olive oil, its a complete meal. —wingirl
Serves 6 generously
- 3 fresh corn cobs
- 1 packet good thick bacon
- 5 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 1 handful chopped basil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- good olive oil
- 1 box of curly pasta (i like DeCecco Cavatappi or Gemelli)
- Heat the oven to 375
- Scrape the corn cobs and their milk into a roasting pan
- Toss the tomatoes in with the corn
- Toss corn and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the sliced garlic
- Roast corn and tomatoes for about 30 minutes
- Boil up some salty water
- Cut the bacon (easy with kitchen scissors) into 2 inch pieces and saute until just crispy, remove and drain on some paper towel
- Cut up the basil with scissors, I am not too neat and find the scissors somehow avoid the browning that a knife insists
- Boil the pasta while the tomatoes and corn cook
- Throw the drained pasta, hot corn and tomatoes, cooked bacon, and cut up basil into a nice large (preferably wooden) bowl
- Shower it all with tons of freshly grated parmesan cheese, some kosher or maldon salt and lots of fresh pepper
- Toss it, taste it, smile and go for a swim or a walk
- Come back anytime and enjoy....
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.