If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is in my repertoire for a long time.
I like it because it comes out puffed and golden brown, looks as a soufflé but much easier to prepare. The Goat cheese can be substitute with fresh Ricotta, cream cheese or Mascarpone and a wide variety of deferent vegetables instead of corn and tomatoes. The recipe for this fresh salad can also be used to make a quick sauce or relish - just dice the tomatoes instead of cutting them into wedges and without cucumbers.
For the Quiche:
- 2 cups frozen organic sweet yellow corn (thawed)
- 2 cups frozen organic sweet white corn (thawed)
- 16 oz soft Goat cheese (room temperature)
- 6 extra large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
For the salad
- • 4 fresh ripe tomatoes
- • 2 medium Persian cucumbers (partially peeled, seeded and cut in thin slices
- • 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- • 1 small red onion, sliced thinly length-wise (about 1/2 cup)
- • 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- • 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- • 8 Bocconcini balls cut in half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a blender puree white corn with the crème fraîche. Strain thru a fine sifts to a large bowl, pressing with a wooden spoon to extract as much of the corn milk as possible, discard the solids.
- In another bowl whisk Goat cheese until smooth, add the eggs one at a time, salt, pepper and thyme; then add this mixture to the bowl with the white corn and crème fraîche mixture.
- Whisk together until well blended; then fold in the yellow corn kernels and tomatoes.
- Butter and flour an 8 by 8-inches baking glass or casserole dish, pour the Quiche mixture and bake for about 80 minutes or until slightly firm and light golden brown.
- Transfer quiche to a wire rack to cool until set, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. To reheat, cover quiche with aluminum foil and bake in an oven heated to 325 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- To make the salad: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Submerge each tomato for 10 seconds each and immediately run under cold water. The skin should easily peel off. Cut out the core, slice into thin wedges and place in a medium-size bowl. Add the salt and mix.
- Add the onion, cucumber, garlic, herbs, olive oil and lemon juice. Stir until well combined. Chill until ready to serve, preferably at least 30 minutes. Serve in salad bowls alongside with the quiche.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.