If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I bought a couple of lobsters and a few ears of corn Saturday at the Greenmarket. When I got home with all my purchases, this salad just "happened." It was a hot, sticky day, and this salad was the perfect thing to eat. It definitely will "happen" again. Next time, on purpose. Serve it with fresh sourdough bread and a glass of Puligny Montrachet. You're worth it! —ChefJune
Makes 2 servings, multiplies easily
Corn & Lobster Salad
- 2 1-pound lobsters, cooked
- 3 ears of sweet corn
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, diced
- 1 Santa Fe Grande pepper, seeded, deribbed, very finely chopped (can substitute Serrano)
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaves for serving
Lime Yogurt Dressing
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I use whole milk yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- coarse sea salt & freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Remove the meat from the claws and tails of the lobsters and cut into rough dice.
- If you just brought the corn home from the Greenmarket, use it raw. Otherwise, briefly blanch the ears before removing the kernels. Put the lobster and corn into a nonreactive bowl.
- Add the diced celery and peppers. Refrigerate covered while you make the dressing.
- Assemble all the dressing ingredients in a small glass jar. Shake well to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- When you are ready to serve, pour as much dressing as you like on the salad. Toss to combine thoroughly. When all the components have a fine coating of the yogurt dressing, plate the salads. Pour the wine and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
What we turn to in the kitchen
13 essential cooking apps.
Paint your kitchen in one day.
We've got the summer blues.
How to cook with herb stems.
A better basket.