Author Notes: I bought a couple of lobsters and a few ears of corn Saturday at the Greenmarket. When I got home with all my purchases, this salad just "happened." It was a hot, sticky day, and this salad was the perfect thing to eat. It definitely will "happen" again. Next time, on purpose. Serve it with fresh sourdough bread and a glass of Puligny Montrachet. You're worth it! - ChefJune
Makes 2 servings, multiplies easily
Corn & Lobster Salad
- 2 1-pound lobsters, cooked
- 3 ears of sweet corn
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, diced
- 1 Santa Fe Grande pepper, seeded, deribbed, very finely chopped (can substitute Serrano)
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaves for serving
Lime Yogurt Dressing
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I use whole milk yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- coarse sea salt & freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Remove the meat from the claws and tails of the lobsters and cut into rough dice.
- If you just brought the corn home from the Greenmarket, use it raw. Otherwise, briefly blanch the ears before removing the kernels. Put the lobster and corn into a nonreactive bowl.
- Add the diced celery and peppers. Refrigerate covered while you make the dressing.
- Assemble all the dressing ingredients in a small glass jar. Shake well to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- When you are ready to serve, pour as much dressing as you like on the salad. Toss to combine thoroughly. When all the components have a fine coating of the yogurt dressing, plate the salads. Pour the wine and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob