Author Notes: This is classic street food in Mexico- corn smothered in mayo, topped with fresh cheese and chili powder. It's cheap and portable- what else can you ask for in street food? - mpittsm
Makes 2 ears of corn
- 2 corn on the cobs, husks removed
- low fat mayonnaise, enough to cover 2 ears of corn, about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons dark chili powder, or as much as you want to sprinkle on your corn
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija, crumbled
- lime wedges (optional)
- On an outdoor grill or grill pan, heat on medium high heat. Add the corn ears. Rotate until slightly charred on each side--about 5 minutes per side.
- Let the corn ears cool slightly.
- With a pastry brush or spatula, cover the corn with mayonnaise. Then, sprinkle with the chili powder and queso fresco (squeeze lime juice if using). Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food