If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is classic street food in Mexico- corn smothered in mayo, topped with fresh cheese and chili powder. It's cheap and portable- what else can you ask for in street food? - mpittsm
Makes 2 ears of corn
- 2 corn on the cobs, husks removed
- low fat mayonnaise, enough to cover 2 ears of corn, about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons dark chili powder, or as much as you want to sprinkle on your corn
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija, crumbled
- lime wedges (optional)
- On an outdoor grill or grill pan, heat on medium high heat. Add the corn ears. Rotate until slightly charred on each side--about 5 minutes per side.
- Let the corn ears cool slightly.
- With a pastry brush or spatula, cover the corn with mayonnaise. Then, sprinkle with the chili powder and queso fresco (squeeze lime juice if using). Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.