Author Notes: What is Strawberry Lemonade? Sadly, many would say it's store-bought lemonade with three pumps of artificially flavored strawberry syrup. Ugh. I knew I couldn’t let that be my children's idea of Strawberry Lemonade so I came up with this fresh alternative - chock-full of organic strawberries and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
*This recipe is even better when made with Meyer Lemons - Out of the Box Food
Makes 1/2 gallon
"PInch of Sugar" Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- 1 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from approx 5-6 lemons)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water (near boiling)
- 7 cups cold water
- Mix sugar into hot water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour lemon juice in a pitcher. Add sugar water. Top with cold water.
- Mix well.
- 12-14 large organic strawberries
- Hull strawberries.
- Toss the strawberries into a blender and puree until desired consistency.
- Add strawberry puree to lemonade and mix well.
- Serve in frosty glasses over ice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food