If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What is Strawberry Lemonade? Sadly, many would say it's store-bought lemonade with three pumps of artificially flavored strawberry syrup. Ugh. I knew I couldn’t let that be my children's idea of Strawberry Lemonade so I came up with this fresh alternative - chock-full of organic strawberries and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
*This recipe is even better when made with Meyer Lemons - Out of the Box Food
Makes 1/2 gallon
"PInch of Sugar" Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- 1 1/3 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (from approx 5-6 lemons)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water (near boiling)
- 7 cups cold water
- Mix sugar into hot water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour lemon juice in a pitcher. Add sugar water. Top with cold water.
- Mix well.
- 12-14 large organic strawberries
- Hull strawberries.
- Toss the strawberries into a blender and puree until desired consistency.
- Add strawberry puree to lemonade and mix well.
- Serve in frosty glasses over ice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Our Latest Contest
We want your best mash-up recipe.
Enter your best mash-up recipe.
A Memorial Day menu, minus the fuss.
The classiest peppers on the 'net.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.