If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I went though a mild juniper obsession about two years ago. Honestly - who ever thought of putting juniper in anything besides gin? But I think gin is darned tasty, so I started adding juniper to just about anything I could think of. Sometimes the results were disastrous and sometimes - ahhh, sublime. That was particularly true when it came to Cruciferae. Cabbage, thou under-appreciated vegetable... I decided to see how juniper worked with brussels sprouts when combined with three of my other favorite things - pancetta, cider, and - of course - beer. - crrazyjane
- 2 tablespoons chopped pancetta
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, cut in half
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup ale, such as Sam Adams or Shipyard Export
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Saute pancetta over medium-high heat until browned. Add garlic and juniper berries and saute another minute until garlic is beginning to brown as well.
- Add brussels sprouts, cider, ale, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer until brussels sprouts are tender and liquid has almost entirely been absorbed, about ten minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted and serve hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.