If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light, made-for-summer take on fair food, reminiscent of the flavors that can be found amongst the Looff Carnival confection stands on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz. —Rachelrum
- 3 Bananas, in halves short-ways
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 6 tablespoons nut butter of same variety as chosen nut
- 2.5 ounces good quality milk or dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup finely chopped roasted nut of choice (almond or peanuts work well)
- Gently press each popsicle stick half way through a banana, starting at the cut end.
- Cover a large plate with parchment.
- Over a double broiler, temper chocolate until completely melted.
- Meanwhile, slather each banana half with 1 tablespoon of nut butter.
- Dip, drizzle, or roll bananas in melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle bananas with crushed nuts, rotating as you go, until evenly coated.
- Place bananas on parchment and freeze for at least four hours. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.