- 6 large fresh peaches with peel, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons honey
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients from "glaze" section (minus peaches). Stir and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove cloves from glaze. Set glaze aside.
- In a bowl, combine and stir all ingredients from "topping" section until well blended. Set topping aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush peaches with a light coating of oil. Place peaches cut side down onto grill.
- Cook for about five minutes on each side or until tender – be sure to get those fabulous grill marks.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with glaze.
- Spoon a dollop of topping into the center of each peach half and sprinkle with cinnamon. If you want to get fancy, you can even stick a cinnamon stick in the center.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food