If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm not a huge fan of brussel sprouts, but after eating the Crispy Brussels Sprouts (with fuji apples, creme fraiche, pistachio nuts) at Alta, a restaurant in NYC, I was addicted! I prefer to cut the sprouts before cooking because I think this allows them to cook evenly, as opposed to having the outer edges charred and the center raw. The combination of sprouts and fruits works magically, and in this dish, have chosed grapes as the companion! - Rohit Mitter
- 1 parsnip
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- hot paprika
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- Using a vegetable peeler, gently shave pieces of parsnip.
- Combine shaved parsnip, olive oil, salt and paprika in oven safe baking dish / bowl and roast for approximately 30 minutes. Cooking times may vary, but parsnips are done when crispy (but not burned).
- 12 brussel sprouts, quartered
- olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anise seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- salt and pepper
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- handfuls red grapes, halved
- handfuls golden raisens
- handfuls pistachio nuts, toasted and crushed
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan and add shallots and garlic; cook for approximately 2 minutes or until shallots have slightly caramelized.
- Add anise seeds and continue cooking on medium heat for another 1 minute. Add about half of the coriander powder. With the addition of the coriander powder, the ingredients in the pan might become quite dry; if this is the case, you can add a little water / stock / oil.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper, and remaining coriander powder to pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until sprouts are slightly charred.
- Finish salad by combining grated nutmeg, red grapes, raisens, pistachio nuts and parsnips with cooked brussel sprouts. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce