If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Needless to say,you need dead ripe,wonderful fruit to make these...A desire to preserve summer fruit,in an easy to eat,easy to make,portable,refreshing form.[and use my brand new Vita Prep],They keep well for about 10 days in the freezer,and I've been using sweetened condensed milk as a nice smoother-outer in the dessert kitchen a lot...Works well,with various adjustments,with other summer fruit as well. - M. Kurtzman - M.Kurtzman
Food52 Review: You know you have a good recipe in your hands when it calls for fruits that come into peak season all at once. M. Kurtzman's recipe does just that by combining the late summer flavors of peaches and blackberries into a popsicle the whole family can enjoy. Plus, you can feel good about serving them. The popsicles visually reminded me of a sunset after a thunderstorm when the sky turns a vivid orange and has streaks of purple stretching across the horizon. The flavor is intense peach and the blackberries have an almost jammy consistency to them that's a nice pause as you continue to work your way through the popsicle. My family loved this recipe and are already begging me to make more. We gave it five sticky thumbs up. - Dabblings - Dabblings
Makes 6-8 pops
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 5-6 peaches
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- pinches salt
- splashes lemon juice
- Simmer blackberries with sugar until berries begin to yield some juice.Remove from heat before they totally break down.Add a bit of lemon juice.Chill.
- Score peaches.Blanch,shock,and remove skin.Chop peaches into pieces,making sure to remove any bits of pit.Chill.
- Combine peaches,condensed milk,dash of lemon juice and salt in blender.Buzz until smooth.
- Pour peach cream into popsicle molds.Push in sticks chill partially in freezer.Press some berries[no sauce]into the pops and freeze completely.
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.