If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It doesn't get much better than watching the horses work out in the mornings at Saratoga Race Course .... unless it's watching Bobby Flay watch his horses work out in the mornings at Saratoga! This is inspired by Bobby's recipe for minted lemonade. - wssmom
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Juice from 10-12 lemons, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 pint strawberries
- silver rum
- 3 cups seltzer, chilled
- 1/2 bunch mint sprigs
- Prepare a simple syrup by mixing the sugar with 1 1/2 cups water in a small pan; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve, and let cool.
- Stem the strawberries and puree with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the lemon juice. Put through a sieve to remove seeds and errant bits.
- In a large, attractive pitcher, combine 3/4 cup simple syrup with the strawberry-lemon puree and the remainder of the lemon juice. Sample and if desired, add more simple syrup to taste.
- Add the mint to the pitcher along with the rum (one ounce per serving) and chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Add the cold seltzer and serve over ice. Kick back and enjoy the fourth race!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!