If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Visit any eastern shore community throughout the summer and settle in for fantastic slow feast of steamed crabs, not much of a project to steam, but not for the squeamish.
Now this is festival food, but that is the closest that I'll ever get to a fair.
Freshly steamed crabs for dinner tonight! —ibbeachnana
- 1 dozen live blue crabs
- 4-6 tablespoons tablespooons Phillips Seafood seasoning
- 32 ounces beer
- Have ready a steam pot that has a basket insert, pour the beer and seafood seasoning into the pot, cover and bring to a boil. Place the crabs into the basket insert and drop into the boiling liquid and steam for 20-25 minutes or until the crab shells turn red.
- Cover the table with brown paper and set out crab cracking tools and anything else you have in mind to go with the crabs other than ice cold beer, steamed shrimp, grilled or steamed corn, lemon wedges and lots of dampened bar towels (big bag at Sam's or Costco). Everyone likes something a little different to dunk some of the crab in, but just enjoy the crab.
- When crabs are done you can serve them on a huge platter or on a covered picnic table just pour the crabs on the paper. Sprinkle with more seafood seasoning. Now this is festival food, but that is the closest that I'll ever get to a fair
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.