Author Notes: I've been making this salad for years and can't remember where it came from. However, the original recipe called for rice and I have since changed it to Quinoa - RobinDiane
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked in 2 cups water
- 19 ounces can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 19 ounces can of chick peas, rinsed
- 3/4 cups chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cups chopped yellow pepper
- 3/4 cups chopped green onion
- Cooke quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, cumin and garlic in a medium bowl until well blended. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine quinoa, chick peas, peppers and green onions in a large bowl, (can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Toss salad with enough dressing to moisten. Correct salt and pepper if necesary
- Serve and enjoy