If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making this salad for years and can't remember where it came from. However, the original recipe called for rice and I have since changed it to Quinoa —RobinDiane
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked in 2 cups water
- 19 ounces can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 19 ounces can of chick peas, rinsed
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- Cooke quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, cumin and garlic in a medium bowl until well blended. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine quinoa, chick peas, peppers and green onions in a large bowl, (can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Toss salad with enough dressing to moisten. Correct salt and pepper if necesary
- Serve and enjoy
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.