If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm, bubbly crisp made with summer fruit makes me weak in the knees. This version is a little lighter with whole wheat flour, a generous heap of old-fashioned oats and canola oil in place of some of the butter you'd typically find in the topping. Any firm, ripe summer fruit will work here. Vanilla ice cream takes it over the top, natch. I may have also been known to eat this for breakfast over Greek yogurt. - WeeklyGreens
For the fruit
- 3 large ripe peaches, cut into thick wedges
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, washed and picked over for stems
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
For the topping
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange peaches and blueberries in a large baking dish. (Don't bother to peel the peaches. This is such an easy dish, so why create work?) Add the orange zest, then sprinkle with the flour and brown sugar. Toss gently to combine. Allow to rest for 10 minutes while you make the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecans, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and kosher salt. Drizzle the oil over the mixture, then stir to evenly moisten. Using a fork, mash the butter into the mixture until well-blended.
- Pour the topping over the fruit, then bake on the middle rack of the oven for one hour. The fruit will be bubbling gently along the edges and the top should be golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.