If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you're not feeling up for messy, cheese-covered, Mexican grilled corn on the cob, try these easy-to-eat Roasted Corn and Cojita Quesadillas!
- 2 ears fresh corn, or 2 cups frozen corn
- Butter for sauteing corn and frying tortillas
- pinches cayenne pepper or chili powder
- splashes fresh lime juice
- sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 large tortillas
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cojita cheese, grated
- Cut the corn from the cob using a sharp knife. This will be messy, so be ready for corn to fly in every direction. Sauté the corn with some butter in a pan over medium high heat until it has roasted a bit. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder, splash of fresh lime juice, and some chopped cilantro. Stir and then pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt some more butter in the same pan. Fill half of a tortilla with the grated cheeses and the corn and then fold it over. Fry in the pan until golden brown on both sides. Garnish with cilantro, salsa, and sour cream and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.