If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Almonds are loaded with good fats that keep you full longer and are bursting with vitamin E, an antioxidant that bolsters the immune system. The combination of the tender and crunchy almond crust combined with a savory strawberry sauce is definitely a winner! A subtle hint of balsamic vinegar adds a nice extra layer of flavor.
For more pictures, visit my blog Cheese Please: http://cheesepleasebyjess.blogspot.com/2011/08/almond-crusted-chicken-with-strawberry.html - CheesePlease
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1 Egg White
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/8 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Chopped Rosemary
- Preheat the over to 350. In a food processor, process almonds for 1-2 minutes to a chunky bread crumb consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly pound chicken breast into 1/2" - 1" pieces. The easiest way to do this is to cover the chicken breast with saran wrap using the smooth side of a kitchen mallet.
- Dip chicken into a bowl containing the egg white, followed by dipping the chicken into the almond mixture. Coat each chicken breast with almond crumbs on each side. Place is a glass baking dish. Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is browned and tender.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar, and balsamic in a food processor. Place strawberry mixture in a stove top pan and add chicken broth, cornstarch and rosemary. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top tender chicken breasts with the strawberry balsamic sauce and garnish with extra fresh rosemary. Bon Appetit!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food