If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband loves corn dogs, but wanted something that wasn't deep fried. He went through a phase where he created a cornbread dough that he formed around the hot dogs and then baked...they were ok...but left a bit to be desired. So I thought of a way to make it even easier, why not make cornbread batter, chop up some hot dogs and mix them in and then bake them in a muffin pan. Ta da! Dip in mustard and you've got a quick and yummy snack to satisfy your fair food cravings. This recipe is very simple but great because you can add in whatever you want flavor wise - jalapenos to heat it up, cumin to make it smokey, maybe some herbs..whatever you like! - There'sAlwaysPie
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk - if the mixture is too dry you may need to add more.
- 4 hot dogs chopped - the better the quality the better the taste!
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese - to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease muffin tin.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the buttermilk, egg and melted butter.
- Add wet to dry and mix until everything is just wet. Fold in hot dogs and cheese.
- Pour batter into muffin tin and bake about 20 minutes or until golden on top. Serve with ketchup and mustard.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food