Author Notes: Ok this may sound ridiculous but it is not. This is a variation of how we eat hot dogs in my crazy South American town.
But it is without a doubt, delicious. - yella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, finely diced
- 2 juicy ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tofu dogs (or hot dogs, if you must. they honestly taste the same)
- 6 potato hot dog buns
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 bag of salted potato chips, crushed
- The trifecta: ketchup, mayo and mustard
- Cook the onion in olive oil on medium heat. Add the pepper. When onion looks translucent add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 10 -15 min. If it looks too dry, add a bit of water and adjust the seasoning.
- Cook your dogs. I usually boil until tender, but you can also grill them. Meanwhile, heat up your buns in the oven or on the grill.
- Assemble the panchos. Hot dog in bun. A small dab of the trifecta. A hefty sprinkle of the potato chips. A dollop of salsa, and finally some sweet corn on top.
- Wear bib. Eat up.