If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok this may sound ridiculous but it is not. This is a variation of how we eat hot dogs in my crazy South American town.
But it is without a doubt, delicious. —yella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, finely diced
- 2 juicy ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- dash of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tofu dogs (or hot dogs, if you must. they honestly taste the same)
- 6 potato hot dog buns
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 bag of salted potato chips, crushed
- The trifecta: ketchup, mayo and mustard
- Cook the onion in olive oil on medium heat. Add the pepper. When onion looks translucent add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 10 -15 min. If it looks too dry, add a bit of water and adjust the seasoning.
- Cook your dogs. I usually boil until tender, but you can also grill them. Meanwhile, heat up your buns in the oven or on the grill.
- Assemble the panchos. Hot dog in bun. A small dab of the trifecta. A hefty sprinkle of the potato chips. A dollop of salsa, and finally some sweet corn on top.
- Wear bib. Eat up.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).