Author Notes: I made this salad out of leftovers from an anniversary dinner. It was one of the best lunches I ate all summer! It tastes incredibly fresh and has a fantastic combination of complimentary flavors and textures. - HMMessinger
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly torn
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2/3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- lemon pepper
- olive oil
- Slice zucchini into 1/4-1/2 inch rounds and grill with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- While zucchini is cooling, make balsamic syrup by simmering (do NOT boil) vinegar and honey until reduced by half. Cool syrup before using.
- Toss tomatoes with basil, plus olive oil and lemon pepper to taste. Place tomatoes on top of zucchini. Top with crumbled goat cheese and a drizzle of balsamic syrup. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes