If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was inspired by a trip to the farmer's market last week. Fresh, colorful, and vibrant, it is easy to make on those hot summer nights where the idea of going into the kitchen seems nearly unbearable. It was only after I created it that I'd realized I'd unintentionally reinvented the wheel and made an alternate version of Salade Niçoise. —littleknitter
- 2 medium potatoes
- 12 ounces haricots verts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 6 ounces cooked wild salmon
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes, then cut them into thin wedges about 3/8" thick. Steam or boil them until they are cooked through (alternately, you can steam a handful of baby potatoes, then slice them after they are done cooking). Meanwhile, cut the haricots verts into bite size (1 1/2 inch) pieces and steam until they are just barely crisp-tender. (Don't wait for them to cool - you'll need this salad to be tossed while still warm).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, then do the same for the olives.
- In a large bowl, add the olives, tomatoes, potatoes, and haricots verts, then toss with the yogurt, chevre, olive oil, lemon juice and dill. If you do this while the haricots verts and potatoes are still warm, the chevre will melt into the yogurt, making a creamy dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If dressing is too thick, it may be necessary to thin it - you can use a little extra olive oil or some milk for this purpose.
- Crumble the salmon so that it flakes, then toss it gently with the salad. You may serve it immediately, while still warm, or the next day as a chilled salad. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.