If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In food photography, the best shots are the result of a perfect coming-together of basics - a visually appealing subject, balanced composition, and good lighting. If a photo requires too much editing after the fact, it probably wasn't a good photo to begin with.
The same principle applies to food. The most delicious dishes are the result of the right combination of ingredients. Some foods are just meant to go together. Arugula and cherry tomatoes are two such foods. The sweet and acidic juiciness of the tomatoes balance the deep, peppery bitterness of the arugula, and a touch of sea salt and olive oil pull it all together.
Be careful - this simple but spectacular salad might steal the show at dinner.
- 1 bunch or container of arugula, approx. 5 oz.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Rinse the arugula and pat dry.
- Place arugula into a salad bowl, tearing any large leaves into smaller pieces.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add to bowl.
- Add sea salt and olive oil to taste. Don't be shy!
- Toss, and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.