If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been over purchasing yellow and red cherry tomatoes from the farmer's market. I decided to make a healthy tomato soup to get my teens to eat more vegetables. —snippetsofthyme
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic pods, sliced
- 3 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- dashes white wine
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- splashes half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take a large sauté pan and heat the olive oil.Sauté the onions and shallots until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir vegetables to keep garlic from burning. When all of the vegetables look soft, add the chopped basil leaves. Pour in the chicken broth. Add the dash of white wine. Cover sauté pan and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add a splash of cream depending on how creamy of soup desired. Ladle soup a spoonful at a time into a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Put That Cucumber down
Zucchini pickles are the new big dill
Put that cucumber down.
A bite-sized lunch.
Free shipping, this weekend only!
The freedom to snack.
Savor the season.