Author Notes: This is one of the first recipes I ever "made up"- and it remains one of my favorites. Any white fish would work great here- cod, halibut, or even some chicken breasts if you're not into fish.
I hope you enjoy! - totalnoms
- 2 tilapia filets
- 3-4 teaspoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (low-sodium if possible)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat an oven (or toaster oven if you have it) to 250-degrees. Dry your tilapia filets well with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Lightly coat the filets in flour on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. When hot, add the tilapia, searing on each side for 2-3 minutes. When both sides are nicely browned, transfer to a 250-degree oven to continue cooking while you make the sauce.
- Keeping the same pan over medium heat, add the chicken broth and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add the quartered tomatoes and let simmer for 5 minutes. You’ll see the tomatoes starting to stew in the broth- this is a good thing!
- Add the capers and balsamic vinegar, and let sauce cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place tilapia on a plate, and serve topped with the tomato sauce. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes