If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those nights when you didn't get the kids to bed on time, already had a couple drinks and just don't want to turn on the oven. For the base layer, I used the Mama Claire's French Bread I'd made the day before and pan-toasted them with some butter and olive oil. Then we sat on the floor in front of the television and ate them not even minding about the crumbs! —Niknud
Serves 2 very hungry and slightly boozy parents with plenty left over for lunch the next day
- 8 ounces feta
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, packed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used flat leaf parsley)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil (or to taste)
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- pan toasted bread or crackers (toasty bread is better)
- Combine the first 8 ingredients together in bowl and stir in enough olive oil to make it sort of stick together. Most of the proportions are completely flexible so if you like more (or less) of something go nuts. Slather on top of toasted bread and top with slices of your best cherry tomatoes. You could also do this as an appetizer with crackers or as part of a cheese and olive plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes