If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those nights when you didn't get the kids to bed on time, already had a couple drinks and just don't want to turn on the oven. The picture's not that great (it was about ten at night and we were working our way through a bottle of bourbon), but they tasted amazing! I used the Mama Claire's French Bread I'd made the day before and pan-toasted them with some butter and olive oil. Then we sat on the floor in front of the television and ate them not even minding about the crumbs! - Niknud
Serves 2 very hungry and slightly boozy parents with plenty left over for lunch the next day
- 8 ounces feta
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or juice), packed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used flat leaf parsley)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil (or to taste)
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Combine the first 8 ingredients together in bowl and stir in enough olive oil to make it sort of stick together. Most of the proportions are completely flexible so if you like more (or less) of something go nuts. Slather on top of toasted bread and top with slices of your best cherry tomatoes. You could also do this as an appetizer with crackers or as part of a cheese and olive plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.