If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by the idea of taking a classic Kentucky dish, Hot browns, and making it an Hors d'oeuvre which can be served at dinner parties. * Note, I used leftover deep-fried turkeys breasts after Thanksgiving, but you can use whatever chicken or turkeys you have. - Danny Mallory
Serves 10 people
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 6 pieces thick cut smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Chop basil, garlic, parsley and mix will 2 tabs Olive oil plus salt and pepper. Cut pint of cherry tomatoes in half, and toss with oil mixture. Please tomato mixture on baking sheet and roast at 425 until tomatoes start to caramelize (around 7-8 minutes). Take out of oven and set aside. While oven is hot place bacon on sheet pan and bake till done.
- Chop some leftover chicken on turkey into bite sized pieces.
- Mix flour and butter in pan until slightly golden. Slowly whisk in heated milk and bring to oil. When sauce has thickened, whisk in cheeses and remove from heat. Set sauce aside.
- Chop sweet onion in half, then slice. Place onion slices in pan will olive oil and cook on low heat for roughly 10-12 minutes to caramelize the onion. Place aside to cool.
- Thaw the package of puff pastry if frozen. Cut into circular pieces pieces that will fit into cupcake baking sheet. Place circles in baking sheet bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from oven and fill with pieces of turkey, then top with onion mixture, then top with the roasted tomatoes, then drizzle on cheese, and back in the oven for 5-6 additional minutes. When ready to eat, toss on chopped bacon, and drizzle with honey.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes