If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can call it Tomato Jam, which perhaps is a little more "tasteful", but whatever you call it it is delicious. Since we couldn't decide what to call it, it came out as tomato goo. My mom came up with this one night and we all loved it. Use on bruschetta, pasta, as a drizzle over fish or chicken--for whatever you like. My son loves it just off a spoon :) Haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like it. I've used heirloom tomatoes, mix of grape, cherry and yellow, whatever you have--all good. So easy and quick too.
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons dried oregano
- Heat oil into shallow pan and sauté shallots and garlic until soft.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and oregano. Let cook until juice comes out of tomatoes and it thickens--about 20-30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally; do not let it stick to the pan.
- Crush with potato masher or remove half and puree in food processor—return to pan. Taste for salt and seasoning and add more salt and oregano if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.