If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original recipe , which I've had in a file for years, called for Roma tomatoes. I updated it a little using cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors , not only because they look so beautiful but also for the candylike jewels the tomatoes become when roasted. —foodfanatic
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 shallots , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Place the tomatoes on a sheet pan and pour over the oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste. Roast the tomatoes in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove tomatoes and drain well on a piece of paper towel.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Boil without stirring until golden in color. Immediately pour into a 9 inch cake pan.
- Heat 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and add the shallots. Season with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar and cook over low heat until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry and spread with the dijon mustard.
- Firmly pack the tomatoes into the prepared cake pan and fill in the gaps with chopped thyme. Sprinkle over half the cheese.
- Cover the tomatoes with caramelized shallots and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Cover the tomato / shallot mixture with the puff pastry , mustard- side down and tuck in the edges.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Allow the tart to cool until warm or room temperature before turning it out.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.