If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pancakes are an all-American favorite any time of the day. I love the combination of fresh juicy colorful tomatoes, creamy cool yogurt and salty feta cheese. Combine these delicious ingredients and you have the makings for a great casual breakfast/brunch or a quick and easy weeknight supper. The mint adds a fresh note and the orange enhances the sweetness of the tomatoes. To make a complete meal, serve these pancakes with scrambled eggs and a fruit salad. —gr8chefmb
Serves 4 [3 pancakes each serving]
Tomato Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint assorted heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, and oil together. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet, spreading batter if necessary. Sprinkle several halved cherry tomatoes over batter. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm. Top with Feta Mint Yogurt Sauce.
Feta Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces plain feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together yogurt, feta cheese, mint, orange zest and orange juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.