If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wanting to create a healthy concoction I began with a pint of Aunt Ruby's yellow heirloom cherries. You can eat this as a stew onto itself with crusty bread or serve with a wonderful couscous. This needs a little time to rest and is actually better on the second day. - Sagegreen
- 1 cup dried lima beans
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup black quinoa
- Soak the lima beans in 3-4 cups of water overnight. The drain and cook in 3 cups of water with 1 tsp. of salt for about 45 minutes until tender. Drain (and reserve the broth for another soup).
- RInse the quinoa well under cool water. Then add 2/3 cup of water to a pan with the quinoa. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Fluff up and set aside.
The tagine or casserole
- cooked lima beans (@2 cups)
- cooked black quinoa (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, nicoise, gaeta or kalamata, cut in halves
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- @1.5 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice from half a lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. Mexican dried oregano
- pinch of kosher salt or Maldon sea flakes
- fresh milled pepper to taste
- 1 anchovy cut into small pieces (or roasted garlic or pancetta as substitutions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, divided
- splash of white wine
- Toss the beans, quinoa, olives, and cherry tomatoes together. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt, pepper, dried herb, half of the fresh parsley, and lime zest.
- Place in a heated tagine or casserole dish. Mix in the anchovy. Splash with lime juice and wine.
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender when poked. Adjust seasoning if needed. Let the flavors develop as the dish rests and the sauce thickens on its own. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve warm with crusty bread, couscous or rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes