If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this dish as a venue for showing off my favorite summer vegetable: sweet corn. But it wouldn't be the same without the softened cherry tomatoes which perk up this seasonal salad. - CheapBeets
Serves 6 as a side
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ears corn, shucked, kernels removed
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon basil, cut in a chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- After 30 seconds, add the garlic, green beans, pinch of salt and the water.
- Cover, letting the beans steam away in the pan for about five minutes. While this is happening, shuck your corn, and remove the kernels by placing the corn cob in the hole of a Bundt pan and a scraping the sides with large, sharp knife.
- Add corn to the skillet and give a stir. While the corn and green beans are cooking, rinse your tomatoes and cut those in half.
- Add the tomatoes to skillet and give another stir. Cook for about three minutes longer, then add your basil, another pinch of salt, and cook a minute or so longer.
- Share with others, if you can. I’ll understand if you can’t.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns