If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Chocolate Toffee Short Bread Bars are a fun twist on the average cookie, and way more exciting than brownies! The buttery chocolate-infused shortbread is deliciously topped with creamy chocolate and studded with sweet-and-salty caramel toffee bites. I dare you to just eat one!
Visit my blog Cheese Please, http://cheesepleasebyjess.blogspot.com/ —CheesePlease
Makes 30 bars
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room tempature (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toffee bits
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil and spray with baking spray.
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- With an electric mixer begin to mix butter while slowly adding brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium high until the mixture is light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- At a slow speed, blend in the vanilla. Then slowly blend in the small bowl dry ingredients. (You need to add these slowly or cover the top of the mixer with a kitchen towel to avoid flour flying all over the place). Stir in chocolate until it is evenly distributed.
- Transfer the dough to the 9 x 13 pan and press into an even layer. Bake the crust for 18-20 minutes or until shortbread is bubbling.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the hot dish to sit on a wire rack. Sprinkle 6 oz of the chocolate evenly over top of the shortbread base.
- Cover the pan with foil and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove foil and spread the melted chocolate over the crust into a thin later using the back of a spoon or rubber spatula. Immediately sprinkle toffee bits over the melted chocolate and press down.
- Let cool to room temperature. If the chocolate is not set by the time the bars are cool, pop the entire thing into the freezer for ten minutes. (I threw mine into the fridge, went to a yoga class, and when I got back they were set). Using the long edges of the foil as handles, lift the bars out of the pan and with a sharp knife cut into small pieces. Enjoy!
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.