If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love cobbler, plain and simple! While sweet fruit cobbler rocks, I was inspired by a recipe I saw in Living Magazine a few years ago and created a savory one with cherry tomatoes. Serve it with corn on the cob and a green salad and you'll have a lovely farmer's market dinner. —BlueKaleRoad
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces ricotta salata, grated (reserve some for sprinkling on top)
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- For the cobbler crust, combine the flour, butter sugar, salt and about 3/4 of the cheese. Pulse together. Add 2 tablespoons of ice water and pulse. If the dough does not stick together when squeezed, add more water, a few drops at at time. Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap and pat into a flat round. Wrap and place in the fridge.
- For the filling, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until they are soft. Remove from heat. In a mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes with the flour, salt, basil and pepper. Add the onions and stir gently.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the tomato filling into a square 9x9 inch baking dish. Break off pieces (chunks and crumbles) of the cobbler crust and sprinkle over the entire top. Scatter the reserved cheese over the crust. Bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 45-50 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and top is golden. If top is browning too quickly you can place a piece of foil lightly over until filling is done. Let cool and serve room temperature. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Forget Green Pesto
Here's why red is rad
Green pesto is so last summer.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Beet greens can't be beat.
Savor the season.