If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was the recipe I made, along with a duck stew, for my parents when Eric and I told them we were getting married. It was a complete Danny Meyer menu and the hospitality worked like a charm. We are still married 16 years later and my sister-in-law requests the hash every Thanksgiving. - luvcookbooks
- 2 brussel sprout stalks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Remove sprouts from stalks.
- Halve each sprout and place cut side down on cutting board. Cut length ways into thin ribbons.
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering in a large saute pan. Add the garlic, brussel sprouts and poppy seeds and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock and stir fry for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. The sprouts will still crunch a little, independent of the poppy seeds, and their color will still be bright.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as an accompaniment. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts