If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first encountered a variation of this recipe at a work potluck. I'm not sure if the original creator even remembers bringing it (and it's entirely possible that I somehow invented the occurrence in my head...there was a lot of beer at this potluck). Regardless, whether real or fictional, it was memorable enough to me that I decided to adapt it to enjoy with vegetables from the summer garden.
It's incredibly easy to make - just toss all the ingredients together. Feel free to add whatever ingredients you have at the moment in your own garden. - clcatto
Serves 8 or more
- 5 cups chickpeas (approximately 3 cans)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (preferably sungolds), halved
- 5 red radishes or 10 rat's tail radish pods (see note below), chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- If using canned chickpeas, rinse and drain.
- Toss all of the chopped ingredients in a large bowl, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a crusty baguette.
- Note: Rat's tail radish is a pod-like radish common in South Asia that grows above-ground (terrible name = deliciously crisp and spicy radish). It's incredibly easy to grow, even in milder climates. If using in place of red radishes, snip off the ends (similar to green beans) and chop in half or in thirds, depending on size.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.