Author Notes: I love fresh cherries in the summer...but I never seem to eat them all before they start to dry out. I used "leftover" cherries that I wouldn't have eaten alone in this dip / chutney / compote. I hope you enjoy:) - chinapans
Makes about 1 cup
- 2 cups Fresh Red Cherries, pitted and chopped roughly
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 splash Balsamic Vinegar
- Place cherries into a pan and heat on low until simmering and releasing juice.
- Add the rosemary sprig to the cherries.
- Add a third of the orange juice and stir.
- Watch the combination and as it reduces and stir in another third of the OJ.
- Add the last third of OJ and a generous splash of balsamic vinegar as the mixture thickens.
- Stir and scrape down the sides of the pan.
- Let the mixture thicken one last time.
- Turn off the heat. Let cool and pour into a small container.
- Use as a topping or dip anywhere you want extra flavor!