If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love fresh cherries in the summer...but I never seem to eat them all before they start to dry out. I used "leftover" cherries that I wouldn't have eaten alone in this dip / chutney / compote. I hope you enjoy:) —chinapans
Makes about 1 cup
- 2 cups Fresh Red Cherries, pitted and chopped roughly
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 splash Balsamic Vinegar
- Place cherries into a pan and heat on low until simmering and releasing juice.
- Add the rosemary sprig to the cherries.
- Add a third of the orange juice and stir.
- Watch the combination and as it reduces and stir in another third of the OJ.
- Add the last third of OJ and a generous splash of balsamic vinegar as the mixture thickens.
- Stir and scrape down the sides of the pan.
- Let the mixture thicken one last time.
- Turn off the heat. Let cool and pour into a small container.
- Use as a topping or dip anywhere you want extra flavor!
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.