If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yes, another taco recipe. It's summer people! It's time to stuff all the tacos and cheladas in your belly as possible! With so many guests constantly visiting us in Chicago, having some good taco recipes to feed the masses is the way to go. This awesome shredded chicken taco recipe has lots of flavor and fresh veggies from the market, most notably the cherry tomatoes and sweet corn. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 15- 20 tacos
For the Shredded Tequila Chicken
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on naturally raised chicken breasts
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes (any variety of sweetness and color)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3 cups low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 lime (juice)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 medium onions (thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 large chilies (your favorite variety)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the Corn Salsa and Tacos
- 2 ears sweet corn (in husk)
- 2 medium chilies (your favorite variety) (sliced, keep seeds for heat)
- 1 medium red onion (finely diced)
- 1 handful cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 lime (juice) + more for serving
- salt and pepper
- Queso Fresco
- Corn Tortillas
- Clean and pat dry chicken breasts. Season all sides of chicken with cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper and lots of salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saucepan with lid over medium-high heat and add the oil to the pan. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour the tequila, chicken stock, bay leaves, cherry tomatoes, lime juice and chilies to the pan. Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and cover. The chicken breasts should be about 75% covered in liquid.
- Cook the chicken for 1 hour, turning the chicken over half way through. After an hour, remove the chicken from the liquid and shred the meat off the bone. Put the shredded meat back in the simmering liquids and cover. Cook for 30 more minutes until ready to assemble tacos!
- For the corn salsa: Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Throw the corn on the grill (in husk) for about 15 minutes, rotating every few minutes. Cut the kernels off the cob into a fun salsa dish. Add the diced onion, hot chili peppers, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to the corn. Mix to combine all flavors and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- To assemble the tacos: Heat oven to 250 degrees. Fill baking dish with 1 inch of water and place wire rack over it. Place the tortillas over the wire rack and place in oven for 1 minute. This keeps the tortillas moist while they are heating. Pile some chicken mixture over the tortilla with a big scoop of corn salsa and queso fresco crumbles. Garnish with lime and fresh cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.