Author Notes: This is a quick, easy, tasty and colorful appetizer. I have included a few pictures to show the simple method I use. All you need equipment wise is a sushi mat. - dymnyno
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef (like from the deli)
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Spread out the sushi mat and cover it with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Cover the wrap with slices of rare roast beef, overlapping each slice almost to the edge. Leave about an inch all around.
- Cover the roast beef with basil leaves.
- Slice or squash with your hands the cherry tomatoes in a bowl and add a splash of olive oil and some sea salt. Scoop the tomatoes and place them down the center of the basil.
- Starting at one end roll the beef using the wrap and sushi roller into a tight roll.
- Slice the roll into about 3 inch segments and then unwrap and sprinkle with sea salt and grind a little black pepper over the wraps.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes