If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I need to make a small amount of any fruit jam, I always turn to this recipe.
First, it allows for an even distribution of heat, which is very important when cooking jams or jellies. It's also easier to observe the progress of a small amount of jam. Finally, since I am not making large quantities, there's no need for canning. I can store it in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
Here, as you can see in the picture, the cherry tomato jam is served over an Orange Pudding Cake. My favorite way of enjoying any jam is to lightly butter a fresh slice of country-style bread, then spread a good amount of jam (especially Plum or Apricot), then scatter a few toasted walnuts and top all of it with the best homemade smooth ricotta. That what I remember since my childhood and the taste of this deliciousness can not be compared to any cakes, pastries or pies.
This jam would be perfect to serve over many deferent pancakes and is equally good made with lemon juice and zest. - Kukla
Serves makes 1 1/4 cups
- • 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- • 1/2 cup sugar
- • 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- • 1 tablespoon orange zest
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Wash and pet dry the cherry tomatoes (cut the larger ones in half). Transfer to a large skillet, stir in sugar, orange juice and zest.
- Cook over medium-high, stirring frequently, until jam is thickened and it bubbles all over the surface, 10 to 12 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of cooking stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Strain the jam to a bowl thru a fine sift pressing with a wooden spoon to extract as much of the smooth jam as possible.
- With a clean spoon collect all of the jam from outside the strainer. Discard the solids.
- Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature; then seal and keep in the refrigerator. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Note: After I posted my recipe, it occurred to me that this jam could be a good addition to a barbeque sauce (of course without vanilla) instead of sugar or honey.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Berti Foraging Knife
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.