If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On a trip to Greece recently, I was surprised by this lovely combination at an even lovelier hole-in-the-wall seaside restaurant in Halkidiki. This is my rendition, with the substitution of San Marzano cherry tomatoes (they were on sale and looked yummy!). - yella —yella
Food52 Review: Tomatoes and feta are a staple snack and side dish for me; I happily eat them in combination with no more preparation than a few chops with the knife and a sprinkle of salt and olive oil. But a little marinating and baking could only improve on the original, right? Right! All those wonderful flavors, concentrated in the oven and served warm, are irresistible. For my taste, I'd reduce the dried oregano to 2 teaspoons, and I might toss in another garlic clove. My only other bit of advice is to make sure the tomatoes get nice and soft and begin to break open before you toss in the feta. As yella says, don't get caught without bread for soaking up every drop of the luscious juices! -vvvanessa —vvvanessa
- 1 pound deliciously ripe San Marzano cherry tomatoes, or other cherry tomatoes
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, preferably Greek
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2/3 cup feta, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and oregano. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Toss tomatoes in dressing and arrange one layer on a baking dish. Sprinkle with some more oregano.
- Bake for 15 min or until tomatoes are tender. Toss in cubed feta and bake for 10 more min.
- Serve warm with some bread (my preference is black olive bread) to mop up the juices.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.