If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After my local 'Greenmarket Wednesday', I promptly began devouring the cherry tomatoes that I had bought from my favorite farmstand, I thought "I should stop and save these to make something" so I stopped and saved them. The wonderful people at the farmstand had also given me a bunch of Basil from their own [huge] Basil plant...for free.
Today, while shopping for supermarket stuff I found both Ricotta, and Capicola [traditionally known as Coppa]. As I was in the checkout line inspiration struck, my inner foodie intuition said to me…. “Make sandwiches”
So, I made these sandwiches for me and the girls, and I will be making them again soon, if I can help it. The one small "miscalculation" I made while making these sandwiches is that I did not cut up the Basil or the Capicola. I definitely suggest doing this, because it makes the sandwiches easier to eat. Either way, the sandwich was delicious!
This is a must have on your summer menu.
~ TFFG —TheFriendlyFoodieGirl
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices of Capicola
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons softened Cream Cheese
- 8 Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 Small sweet onion (A Vidalia works well)
- 8 slices of hearty bread ( I used 12 grain)
- Mix Ricotta, Mayonnaise, and Cream Cheese together
- Slice up the cherry tomatoes. Cut the Basil into thin long strips (Chiffonade) and dice the Onions and Capicola.
- Spread the Ricotta, Mayo, and Cream Cheese mixture on all pieces of bread. Add basil on the top halves, and the onions and tomatoes on the bottom halves. Add the Capicola on either half. Put the two halves together and cut diagonally.
- Eat and make sounds of appreciation.