If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 8 servings
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 3/4 cup plus 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled peaches, halved, pitted, each peach half cut into 6 slices
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour and salt. Cut in 1 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Divide into two balls and wrap in plastic, refrigerating for at least 4 hours.
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400 Degrees F. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla bean in processor; blend until vanilla bean is finely minced. Sift vanilla sugar through strainer into bowl; discard any large pieces. Mix 4 tablespoons flour and nutmeg into vanilla sugar. Add peaches to mixture and toss to coat.
- Take 1 of the 2 dough balls and roll out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place dough in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of pie plate. Spoon peach filling into dough; dot with 1/3 cup butter. With the other dough ball, create a lattice for top of pie. Brush top of pie with egg and sprinkle 3 teaspoons of sugar on top.
- Place pie on rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour until peaches are tender, crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling through lattice. Transfer pie to rack and cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).