If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe for a summer peach cake in an old cookbook which I’ve had since my teenage years. Although I have adapted the recipe over the years to my liking, you can also easily vary the recipe by using other seasonal fruits such as apples or pears. - Irini Savva
- 3 large ripe peaches, sliced (and peeled if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Combine the peaches, 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and toss.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and remaining sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Then add the vanilla and mix. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix on low speed until just blended.
- Pour the mixture into a greased round baking dish (about 27 x 5cm) and arrange the peaches on top. Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the baking dish. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart