If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I may be totally confusing my peaches, but here is another savory recipe. First I made a few 4 inch individual tarts, one of which is featured in the photo. Of course it does not help when the best one falls topside down right on the floor. It just will never look the same after that. Man, these can get hot in that 400 degree oven! The rest are off to a pondside adventure with friends I have not seen in a few years....Yay, it was a success. - Sagegreen
Makes one 9 inch pie
- savory brisee crust (or excellent thin crust pizza dough)
- about 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- about one tablespoon of good honey, like chestnut, basswood, or tupelo
- 10 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped tender rosemary leaves
- 2-3 white peaches, sliced thinly with skins still on
- a pinches of Maldon salt flakes or kosher salt
- a pinch of crushed pink peppercorns
- very light drizzle of olive oil
- unsalted butter, optional
- sage leaf, rosemary or thyme, optional
- Roll out the crust to 1/8 inch thick for a 9 inch pie pan. My savory brisee crust from my cherry tomato tart I highly recommend for this- # 1.5 cups unbleached quality all purpose flour, # .25 cups whole wheat pastry flour, # .5 teaspoons sea salt, # 4-6 tablespoons ice water. Combine the flours and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut and using your fingers rub in the chilled butter in small chunks. Add enough ice water so the dough comes together in a ball. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Spread the mustard on the bottom of the tart. Layer the honey on top. Layer the goat cheese on top. Sprinkle the rosemary leaves next. Arrange the peach slices on top. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over them. Very lightly drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Cool before serving. As an option, brown a little butter and add an herb of your choice. Top the tart with that.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Recipe of the Day
Garden Mule Cocktail
Garden Mule Cocktail
Fresh beer, anywhere.
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!