If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adore potatoes cooked just about any way. And let's be honest, everything is better with truffles. The truffle oil in this recipe is an inexpensive alternative for getting huge flavor on a small budget. These are great because they are easy to make in advance and then serve for a dinner party or holiday. You can also multiply the recipe to serve a huge crowd! Sometimes I substitute mini potatoes and serve them as a hearty little nibble for a cocktail party. Enjoy! - KateSmith
Makes 10 side dish portions
- 6 Medium Red Potatoes
- 6 ounces Marscapone Cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup Parmesan-grated
- 2 teaspoons truffle infused oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (plus more to garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Prick potatoes with a fork and then coat them in olive oil. Place in a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, flipping at least once throughout the process to cook evenly
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove and let cool about 10 minutes, or until you can comfortably touch them.
- When the Potatoes are cool, cut in half and gently scoop out the filling of 5 of the 6, and add to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Peel the 6th and add the peel free potato to the bowl. Add the Marscapone, Milk, Mustard and Truffle oil and mix until fluffy (apx 3 min). Add Parmesan and chives and scrape down sides of the bowl, whisk for an additional minute 30sec-1min until combined.
- Meanwhile, place the potato skins on a baking sheet. Fill the skins with the truffle marscapone filling and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn the broiler on, and continue to cook for another few minutes until the top is browned. Remove from oven, garnish with additional chopped chives and serve 1 half per person.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes